Sunday, March 6, 2011

Time to Eat My Words {nom, nom, nom}

Yesterday I went to Walmart for the first time in a long time.  I needed to do some grocery shopping, we needed to get the kids out of the house, and Walmart had updated their coupon policy.  Made perfect sense!  So we went and I grabbed as much of what we needed as I could before the kids started melting.  I managed to grab a decent amount of stuff.  When we were loading up the truck I told my husband, "I don't know, I think I still do better at the grocery store."

I had to run out to Albertsons today to grab some of the things that didn't make it into the cart yesterday.  I decided I was going to see how I made out.  I printed out a copy of yesterdays post and brought it with me. As I went through the store I wrote down the price of the same item I bought.


Was I in for a surprise!  I made up a spreadsheet showing the differences.  If I could not find the same item, I didn't include it at all. You will notice hash (-) marks in those fields.  When figuring the coupons Walmart does not double or triple, but Albertsons does so I figured it as though they would have doubled or tripled the coupon (if it was applicable - triple up to $0.39, double up to $0.50).



So there it is, albeit small.  You can click on each of the pictures to enlarge and see it all.  In the end Walmart was $47.81 CHEAPER than my regular grocery store - coupons and all.  So, it looks like I may be back at Walmart sooner than I thought for groceries.

Now to just make sure I'm not one of the next people you see on The People of Walmart!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment