Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Busy Moms Perfect Grilled Cheese

I love grilled cheese.  But I always burn it. Always. Without fail.  With all these little ones running around there is always something that pulls me away from the stove.  By the time I get back the smoke detector is threatening to go off.  (We have a baby gate on our kitchen entrance to keep the kids out if I have to walk away.)

About a year ago I ran across a recipe on Allrecipes.com that changed my life. Alright, maybe not changed my life, but really made me happy!  For the life of me I can't remember which recipe it was (Bad, Vicki!) but it was definitely on Allrecipes.com

Anyhow, I love that I can make this and not have to worry about a visit from my local firefighters!  It's so easy.

Preheat your oven to 350.  Grab a baking sheet and cooking spray - I like the Butter flavored Crisco for this because it does give it that hint of butter like when you do it stove top.  Give your baking sheet a decent coating of your cooking spray.


Lay out your bread and load up your cheese and whatever else you like.  I love to add Ham, Roast Beef or Turkey.  Once your set stick them in the oven for 8-10 minutes depending on your oven. 



Once the cheese is all melty they are ready to go.


Time for lunch!  {nom, nom, nom!}

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment