Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Let me be the first to say "Hi!"

What can I tell you about myself...? Well, I am a mother to 4 awesome kids. C is 8, A is 2.5, E is 1.5 and D is 6 months.  I am married to an incredible guy.  I knew when I first met him that we would be married one day.  I didn't realize at the time that would be 6 years later.  Fast forward another 7 year and here we are.  

The last 4 years of our lives have been VERY eventful.  Yes, we've had 3 kids in three years (insanity!!), but for some reason we thought it would be a blast to do that while my husband was in medical school.  (We've never been ones to do things the easy way!)  

We are coming upon graduation in May, which is so exciting and just as scary.  We've got a big move ahead of us - the trick to that is we won't know where we are going till March 17th.  My inner planner is screaming.  I can't plan for the unknown, no matter how hard I try!

During my adventures as a self-appointed Domestic Goddess, I have been teaching myself and learning from many of you here in blogland, how to save money.  Weather it be setting up a budget, couponing, up-cycling and so on.  I can't thank you all enough for your tips, encouragement and support.

Of course, when I get such a good deal, or great tip I share them.  Well, as I am sure has happened with some of you, it's gotten to the point that I am spending so much time sharing my deals with people individually that I decided it might be time to start my own blog.  So here I am.

Couponing has been such a huge part of our lives for the past 4 years.  I truly believe that it is one of the reasons we have made it through as well as we have.  Our sole source of "income" throughout medical school has been loans, which are disbursed twice a year.  Making that disbursement last 6 months at a time while housing and feeding a growing family has been challenging.  I am very thankful that we were able to qualify for foodstamps to help us through.  I can tell you, that money was very well spent and stretched as far as I could stretch it.

My ultimate goal, once we actually start making money is to continue with my couponing and start putting all the money I save on every purchase into savings. I can see that adding up to a nice little nest egg quite quickly.  With any luck it will help us pay off the ginormous student loan debt we have accrued.

I plan to share deals, coupons, cool things I have seen and have been shown to me, recipes, DIY projects & pretty much anything else I think might interest others.  If you have something in particular you want to see, email me or leave a comment and I will do my best to find what you are looking for.

Thanks for stopping by.  I look forward to getting to know you guys!
(How I wish my actual signature looked that good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment